Smudging and smoke are used in many different cultures around the world to clear and purify space and to expel any negative energy. The smoke is created from burning sacred herbs and plants such as sage, lavender, rosemary, mugwort and juniper. Smudging can be done in preparation for spiritual ceremonies or practices, or to revitalise the energy in our homes.
SMOKE CEREMONY GUIDE:
- Light the end of the smudge stick until you have smoke.
- Ask the smoke to cleanse the space and to dispel negative thought patterns.
- Start in the bedrooms and then move the smoke throughout your house. Remember to keep your intentions strong and clear.
- Gently fan the smoke towards anywhere you feel it should go. A feather can be used to help direct the smoke.
- After cleansing your entire space, sit down at your altar and allow the smoke to cover you.
- Close your eyes, relax, breathe and allow the smoke to dispel any fears that you may have to purify your mind, body and spirit.
- Sit peacefully connecting to your heart until you are ready to get up.
- Place the smudge stick into a glass jar or shell to stop the smoke.
Did you like this post? If you did, please share it.